The scavenger hunt at the New York Design Center during BlogFest2011 gave me the opportunity to explore the showrooms and look a little deeper at all that they offered. What a treasure trove of design and furnishings – I adored it!
Here is the list of the items that we were to find:
- an item reminiscent of the Chrysler building – love the design of this Kravet fabric!
- my favorite texture and hue from Kravet’s new Modern Colors Collection – so hard to choose, but I would love to use this in my home.
- an item that would fit into Central Park – this table with the wood base would blend right in!
- an item that represents the 1920′s glamour (since the NYDC was built in 1926) – love this elegant sconce.
- an item that represents the glittering lights of Times Square – the glitter and sparkle of the ball on New Year’s Eve!
- an item that reflects the architectural splendor of the Brooklyn Bridge – this industrial piece reminded me of a bridge motif.
- a shot of the color of lamp that we favored from the Mottega collection – I enjoyed hearing Eileen Kathryn Boyd talk about the color selections for this line, but I was enamored with the orange!
- peacock motif from Global Views (that was easy!)
- my favorite component of the NYDC’s new Access to Design program – what a tremendous service this is to customers! Love the flashy red chairs…
and I felt right at home when I spotted Connecticut Cottages & Gardens on their resource shelf…
- a picture of Thom Filicia, the “Sweet Endings Event” special guest:
- a picture in front of the BlogFest Step and Repeat backdrop – a quick shot with Thom with the phone camera!
- something that represents your experience at BlogFest2011 – the people! Here is a group shot of us listening to Barbara Barry.
BlogFest2011 was an exciting, informative, and thrilling event! To be constantly surrounded by talent, creativity, beauty and wonderful people, made it outstanding.
Thank you to all who made it possible.